Select the symptom / sign of malware infection to begin
- Getting Ads and Pop Ups?
- Browser Homepage / Search is changed
- Files are encrypted
Your computer is infected with adware.
It might have been installed as an addon or bundled software while you were installing some another legit free software.
Refer to the instructions below to remove adware.
- We will begin our investigation by looking out for such adware program installed in system.
To do that, follow the steps below:
1. Open Control Panel
2. Click on “Uninstall Program” which should be under Programs menu.
3. Choose unwanted program from the list and click on “Uninstall”.
- Adware programs often target web browsers so, it must be cleaned too.
[thrive_tabs layout=”horz”][thrive_tab headline=”Google Chrome” no=”1/3″]
1. Click on the Menu button of Google Chrome
2. Hover your mouse over More Tools and Choose Extensions.
3. Delete unwanted and suspicious extensions.
4. Confirm the Removal by clicking on Remove button.
[/thrive_tab][thrive_tab headline=”Mozilla Firefox” no=”2/3″]
1. Click on Menu button of Firefox and choose Add-ons option.
2. Click on Extensions and you will see the list of all add-ons installed on Firefox browser.
3. Delete unwanted and suspicious addons.
[/thrive_tab][thrive_tab headline=”Internet Explorer” no=”3/3″]
1. Click on the Settings icon of Internet Explorer and choose Manage Add-ons option.
2. New window will popup displaying all toolbars and extensions installed.
Proceed by choosing your web browser.
- Internet Explorer
How to remove Browser Hijacker from Chrome
Before proceeding to follow these instructions, it is recommended to delete any unwanted extension installed on web browser. To remove it, follow the instructions in "Ads and Popup section".
We will begin by resetting Homepage to default / blank.
1. Click on the Chrome Menu button and Select Settings. You will see a page with Google Chrome Settings.
2. Under the section "On Startup", Choose radio-button - "Open a Specific page or set of pages option".
A Small pop box appear with the list of Homepages.
3. Click on cross-mark to remove the home-page set. You can add the homepage URL of your choice or leave it blank.
4. Click OK to confirm.
You have changed the Homepage successfully.
Now moving on to Search engine resetting.
1. Click on Chrome Menu and select Setting.
2. In the Settings page click on Mange Search Engine under the Search Section.
3. Hover mouse pointer on your preferred search engine like Google, and click on Make Default button, this will make Google your default search engine.
4. Hover mouse pointer on other unwanted search engines and click on cross icon to remove them.
How to remove Hijacker from Internet Explorer
Resetting Homepage on Internet Explorer
1. Click on the Settings button of IE and then choose Internet Options.
2. You will see a window with Internet options. Under the Home Page section delete everything from the text box and enter your preferred Home Page.
3. Click on Apply and then OK to save the settings.
Moving on to resetting Search Engine
1. Click on the settings button click on Manage Add-ons button. It will display all the search engines listed on Internet Explorer.
2. Select suspicious search and click on Remove.
3. Now choose your preferred search engine like Google or Yahoo and then click on Set as Default button. This will completely clean browser hijacker from Internet Explorer.
How to remove Firefox Hijacker
Reset Firefox Homepage
1. Click on Firefox Menu and the click on Options button. You will see the Firefox browser option page.
2. In the Home Page text box delete everything and enter your preferred homepage address or leave it blank.
Reset Search Engine on Firefox
1. Open the Firefox Option page by clicking on Menu and then Option. In the left side pane click on Search, you will see search related options.
2. Under the Default Search Engine section Select your default search engine.
This is the most sophisticated malware variant which encrypts all the files on your computer system.
Once encrypted, you can access those files only after entering a unique decryption key.
Hackers demand ransom money to get access of the key.
Your first step towards solution is to check whether decryptor for your ransomware infection is available.
If decryptor is available, you can unlock files for free by following the instructions. If you are unable to find the ransomware variant infecting your computer files, then you are out of luck.
Only option is to negotiate with the attacker.
Instead of paying full amount to decrypt all files, you can make a deal to decrypt particular important files for smaller amount of ransom.
There can be other weird signs of malware infection. It includes:
- Slowing down of Computer
- Drainage of battery (in case of Laptops).
- Increased internet bandwidth usage.
- Spam message from your account.
These are signs of Spyware which actually a hidden malware. It doesn’t give hint of its presence visibly but works completely in the background.
To get rid of spyware, you need an effective anti-malware solution like MalwareFox.
As they have no visible process running, it becomes difficult to remove them manually.
Looking for One-Click Malware Removal?
Try MalwareFox Anti-Malware
- Detects Known and Unknown Malware
- Fast and Lighweight
- Includes Web Browser Cleaner
- Ransomware Protection
- Zero Day Malware Protection