How to Remove Zoomex Virus [Solved]
Zoomex Virus is a malevolent Trojan that keeps doing malicious things on the targeted system. Zoomex can degrade your overall computer performance by injecting its corrupted files which take up a huge part of CPU and memory space.
Zoomex invades the privacy of your computer and installs adware, spyware add-ons and extensions without permission. This virus displays annoying pop-up ads to interfere with your browsing activities.
Zoomex can track and store your online traces, which is unsafe for your personal information. It can be misused by cyber criminals so and might cause serious privacy issues. You are strongly advised to uninstall adware-type applications immediately. We recommend downloading MalwareFox Anti-Malware and run a scan to detect and remove Zoomex.
How it Affects?
Zoomex virus enters automatically in the system without user permission and shows misleading pop ups, alert messages, several disk errors, redirect the browser to other unsafe websites, displays several disk errors or registry errors, installs various dangerous malware and program to the system, slow down the internet connection, steals your personal data, slow down the internet connection and degrades the speed and performance of the system.
Here is a sample screenshot :
Once infected, ZoomEx carries out a lot of evil activities in the background. It can bypass many antivirus programs and sneak into a target computer secretly. While running in the background, the Trojan horse can also corrupt your internet browsers to collect your browsing history and other sensitive personal data such as username, email address, phone number, passwords and so on.
- After installing, click on Scan button.
- MalwareFox will now scan computer for any malicious files. This process can take up to 10 minutes.
- It will display a list of all the malware that the program found. Click on the “Next” button, to remove the malicious files from your computer.
- MalwareFox will now remove all the detected malicious files, and at the end a system reboot may be required to remove all traces of malware.
After cleaning up system with MalwareFox, make sure you double check your web browsers for any infection.
If there is any suspicious element, please follow the instructions given below to clean up browser.
- iNternet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla FIREFOX
- Right-click the IE shortcut and choose Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and find the Target line.
- Delete the text that is written after iexplore.exe” and click OK.
- Launch your browser and press Alt+T.
- Choose Manage Add-ons and move to Search providers.
- Choose the unwanted engine and click Remove.
- Click Close and press Alt+T again.
- Select Options and go to General tab.
- Change the Home Page and click OK.
- Right-click the Chrome shortcut and go to Properties.
- Choose Shortcut tab and move to Target line.
- Delete the text after chrome.exe” and click OK.
- Launch Chrome and tap Alt+T.
- Go to Settings and check Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Choose Set pages and change the given default URL to your preferred one.
- Click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button and select Change.
- Change the provided URL with the one you prefer and click OK.
- Under Search choose Manage search engines and find the URL of the unwanted engine.
- Click X and delete it.
- Click Done.
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose go to Properties.
- Move to Shortcut tab and find the Target.
- Erase the text after firefox.exe” and Click OK.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to search box.
- Click the search provider icon and choose Manage Search Engines.
- Find the suspicious engine and remove it.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+T and select Options.
- Move to General tab and choose Home Page.
- Replace the current Home Page with your preferred one.
- Click OK.
You have successfully removed the Zoomex infection from your computer system. Keep the Real time protection enabled in order to prevent any further attacks.