How to Remove Trovi Virus [Solved]
Trovi virus hijacks infiltrate users Internet browsers through free software downloads. This virus utilizes various programs, browser add-ons, browser helper objects (BHOs), and extensions to replace existing internet browser settings such as the homepage, default search engine, and new tab page with a trovi.com web page.
Advertisements and sponsored links in search results which collect search terms from the search queries. Trovi hijack is used to boost advertising revenue, as in the use of black hat SEO, to inflate a site’s page ranking in search results.
Always pay attention while installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this Trovi browser hijacker. Be very careful what you agree to install. Opt for the custom installation and deselect anything that is not familiar. We recommend downloading MalwareFox Anti-Malware and run a scan to detect and remove Trovi.
How it Affects?
The startup page of your web browser is modified using browser settings. No matter which browser you are using you can see the browser is occupied by it completely
Here is a sample screenshot :
If software that causes your internet browser to redirect to http://www.trovi.com is installed on your computer system and attached to your internet browser it is likely that other unwanted programs and malware may have been contracted alongside the initial threat. Additional items may need to be removed to stop all unwanted activities.
- After installing, click on Scan button.
- MalwareFox will now scan computer for any malicious files. This process can take up to 10 minutes.
- It will display a list of all the malware that the program found. Click on the “Next” button, to remove the malicious files from your computer.
- MalwareFox will now remove all the detected malicious files, and at the end a system reboot may be required to remove all traces of malware.
After cleaning up system with MalwareFox, make sure you double check your web browsers for any infection.
If there is any suspicious element, please follow the instructions given below to clean up browser.
- iNternet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla FIREFOX
- Open Internet Explorer go Tools -> Manage Add-ons -> Toolbar and Extensions.
- Look for Trovi Toolbar, Trovi and similar entries, and click Remove.
- Now open IE -> Tools -> Internet Option -> General tab.
- Enter Google or other address to make it the default start page.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Look for Trovi.com extension and get rid of it by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
- Additionally, click on wench icon, go to settings and choose 'Manage search engines'.
- Change search engine to google or other and delete Trovi.com from the list.
- Then Go to section “On start” and make sure you get blank page while creating new tab.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’.
- Find Trovi.com and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Now select 'Show a blank page' when Firefox Starts or set a certain website, like Google or similar.
- Click the Firefox menu button ( ), then Help ( ) button. From the Help menu, choose Troubleshooting Information. Click the Reset Firefox. Firefox will close itself and will revert to its default settings.
You have successfully removed the Trovi infection from your computer system. Keep the Real time protection enabled in order to prevent any further attacks.