How to Remove Zeus Virus [Solved]
Zeus Trojan is used to steal banking information. This dangerous malware infection can be used to steal account names and numbers, banking account passwords, and credit card numbers. The Zeus Trojan can also be utilized to capture particular information that can then be used to steal a victim's identity.
Fake pop-up error states that the system is infected with ZEUS malware and that closing the website will result in deletion of the hard drive. Victims will then supposedly receive help in solving the issue. This error is a fraud. The infection does not exist
Your confidential data is on stake. It can can be misused by cyber criminals so and might cause serious privacy issues. You are strongly advised to uninstall adware-type applications immediately. We recommend downloading MalwareFox Anti-Malware and run a scan to detect and remove Zeus.
How it Affects?
Web browser displays fake error message that system is infected with virus. Closing the website will result in deletion of the hard drive. To prevent this situation and remove the malware, victims must contact a certified technician via a toll-free telephone number
Here is a sample screenshot :
WARNING! Your Hard drive will be DELETED if your close this page. You have a ZEUS Virus! Please call Support Now!. Call Toll-Free: 1-844-859-0337 To Stop This Process.
****Dont Restart Your Computer ****
Windows Detected ZEUS Virus, The Infections detected, indicate some recent downloads on the computer which in turn has created problems on the computer.Call technical support 1-844-859-0337 and share this code B2957E to the Agent to Fix This.
To do this, it uses a 'virtual layer' - a tool that enables placement of third party graphical content on any site. Therefore, displayed advertisements often conceal underlying content of visited websites, thereby significantly diminishing the web browsing experience. Furthermore, these ads might lead to malicious websites - clicking them can result in high-risk computer infections.
- After installing, click on Scan button.
- MalwareFox will now scan computer for any malicious files. This process can take up to 10 minutes.
- It will display a list of all the malware that the program found. Click on the “Next” button, to remove the malicious files from your computer.
- MalwareFox will now remove all the detected malicious files, and at the end a system reboot may be required to remove all traces of malware.
After cleaning up system with MalwareFox, make sure you double check your web browsers for any infection.
If there is any suspicious element, please follow the instructions given below to clean up browser.
- iNternet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla FIREFOX
- Open your browser and click the little gear icon on the top right, then select ‘Internet Options’
- A box will pop up, select the ‘Advanced’ tab and hit the ‘Reset’ button
- Check ‘Delete Personal Settings’ and hit the ‘Reset Button’
- All done! Go ahead and close, then re-open internet explorer.
- Google has a separate tool called the ‘Chrome Cleanup Tool’ that we can use. You can download it here.
- Locate the file you downloaded and double-click on it, the Cleanup Tool should launch and begin a scan.
- Once the scan is finished, google chrome will open and prompt you to reset your settings, when you’re ready hit the ‘Reset’ button
- In the upper right corner, click the menu button (the three horizontal bars) then select the ‘Help’ button.
- A menu will pop up, select ‘Troubleshooting Information’
- A new page will be displayed, locate and click the ‘Refresh Firefox’ button on the top right
- A pop-up will appear, go ahead and hit ‘Refresh Firefox’ again
You have succesfully removed the Zeus infection from your computer system. Keep the Realtime protection enabled in order to prevent any further attacks.