Are you experiencing a hike in the number of advertisements on your computer which has started to work a bit slowly? Well, your computer might have PUP Malware. It sounds cute, but it is doing you no good. This article talks about how you can remove SlimCleaner Plus or Potentially Unwanted Program(PUP).
What is SlimCleaner Plus?
The SlimCleaner Plus or commonly known as adware is a potentially unwanted program that showcases itself as software for system optimization. Moreover, it tricks you into buying a subscription and slows down your system. Once you have installed this program into your computer, it continues to put forth pop-up notifications to remind you to get a subscription by showcasing underlying issues with your PC. The majority of problems are fake and just to trick you.
The SlimCleaner Plus is not considered malware, as it is installed on your computer with your consent. It runs unnecessary advertisements, monitors your activity, and even makes changes to your browser settings. So, if you have installed it on your computer, let’s learn how you can remove it.
|Potentially Unwanted Program
|Slows down your computer operations, automatically scans and monitors your activity
|Via Potentially Unwanted Programs installed on your PC, fake setups, bundled installers
|Alter your search results, slows down your system
Download Adware Removal Tool to detect and remove adware completely in one click. Also, you can check out AdGuard if advertisements in general is your concern.
How to Remove SlimCleaner Plus?
Manually removing threats may be a time-consuming and difficult task that needs expert-level computer knowledge. So, we recommend professional antivirus program like TotalAV which can detect and remove all traces of virus infection. It can finish the task for you in just one click.
Installing SlimCleaner Plus on your computer can hamper your operations and can lead to a lot of unwanted advertisements. Therefore, it is necessary to remove it.
However, if you have it already installed and looking for a manual way to delete it, we’ve got you covered.
Removing SlimCleaner Plus on Windows 10
- Turn on your system, and type ‘Control Panel’ on the search bar
- From the ‘Control Panel, select ‘Program and feature.’
- The ‘Program and Feature’ section will present a list of all the programs you have on your computer.
- Scroll down and select the program you want to remove
- Click on the Uninstall button next to SlimCleaner Plus.
Removing SlimCleaner Plus on Windows 11
- Start your PC, and on the search bar, type ‘Uninstall.’
- From the options, select ‘Add or Remove programs
- You will be directed to a new window showing all your programs
- Scroll down to find SlimCleaner Plus and click on Uninstall
What else can you do?
- After you have deleted the program from your PC, you can run a scan for any leftover traces of the software. For this, you need to have good antivirus software installed that can run system scans and ensure that your system is free of any other PUPs or spyware.
- Installing an antivirus can help you in removing the unwanted program quickly and efficiently. Moreover, your system can retain its original speed and free you from unnecessary advertisement pop-ups.
- You should always stay cautious and not download any suspicious files on your computer; these files are most likely to include PUPs like SlimCleaner Plus. It is advisable to check the URL before trusting a website. Additionally, while receiving emails, make sure to authenticate the email address before opening any attachments or links.
It’s important to remember that while SlimCleaner Plus may appear to be a useful tool, it can actually cause more harm than good by slowing down your system and displaying unwanted pop-ups. By taking the time to remove it from your computer, you can improve your device’s performance and ensure a smoother user experience. You can easily rid yourself of the SlimCleaner Plus program by following the above-mentioned steps and tips along with installing an exquisite anti-malware program. Don’t hesitate to take action and say goodbye to SlimCleaner Plus today!
SlimCleaner Plus is a potentially unwanted program. It is technically not malware. By definition, malware is malicious software that damages your PC without your consent. A SlimCleaner Plus, on the other hand, is something that tricks you into buying a subscription, and you install it willingly on your computer.
You can check whether your PC has SlimCleaner Plus or not from the start menu, click on settings, and then apps. You will be presented with all the programs you have installed on your computer, and if you have SlimCleaner Plus, then uninstall it.
A SlimCleaner Plus is an unwanted program that increases the number of pop-up advertisements on your PC, tracks your activity, and even changes your search results.