Google announced in 2017 that Android has more than 2 billion monthly active users. As of now according to several market share reports the number of Android users are still rising. This popularity is also attracting cyber-criminals on this platform. According to G Data Security Blog report, Android malware rose by 40 in 2018. They have found more than 3.2 Million malicious apps in the year.
I didn’t mean to scare you, but you need to do something. Our mobile phones contain more personal and confidential information than the PC. I know you realize it, that’s why you want to know the best antivirus for Android in 2019.
Top 10 Android Antivirus in 2019
Below is the list of best Android antivirus in the year 2019. Choose one which suits best to your needs.
⭐ MalwareFox Antimalware
MalwareFox is a lightweight antimalware for Android devices. It works on the heuristic approach to detecting malicious apps from your phone. This app prevents malware, spyware, and phishing attacks. MalwareFox lacks fancy features, but it does the job of protecting your device from malware perfectly .
Key Features of MalwareFox Antimalware
- Quick Scan – Quickly scans the apps and files on your phone for possible infection.
- Real-Time Protection – Blocks malware from entering your phone.
- Enhanced Protection – Stops spyware, keyloggers, and Potentially Unwanted Apps (PUA).
Avast Antivirus for Android is a feature-rich app that has several useful functions. It protects you against several malware and viruses. Avast alerts you when you install spyware infected apps on your device. It also protects you against phishing emails, SMS, phone calls, and other infected websites.
The free version comes with ads and lacks some advanced feature like Camera Trap, SIM Security, VPN, and last location. However, you can enable these features by the in-app purchase.
Key Features of Avast Antivirus for Android
- VPN – Helps you to hide your online activities from the information hunting services.
- Camera Trap – It captures the audio and clicks the picture in case your phone gets stolen.
- SIM Security – Alerts you in case someone changes the SIM in your device.
- Last Known Location – Helps you to locate your device.
Bitdefender Antivirus Free
Bitdefender Antivirus Free is a lightweight android antivirus. It quickly scans your smartphone for malware-infected apps. It works on in-the-cloud scanning technology so that your device doesn’t slow down during the scan. Bitdefender automatic operation doesn’t need to configure anything. It automatically checks the new apps with its powerful scanner.
If you choose to upgrade to Total Security for Android, you can access some advanced features. You can get anti-theft, App Lock, Web Protection, VPN, and some other features. You can also try these features for 14 days.
Key Features of Bitdefender Mobile Security
- VPN – It hides your online identity and also helps to access geo-restricted content.
- Snap Photo – It clicks the picture if someone tries to access your device.
- Smart Unlock – Automatically unlocks apps if you are on a trusted wi-fi.
- Account Privacy – Helps you to know if your email account has been breached.
- WearOn – It prevents the lost or stolen of Android wear devices with Phone Alert and Scream.
Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus
It is a free tool from the antivirus giant Kaspersky. It scans the apps in your android device and removes the viruses and malware. The free tool has the option of a manual scan. You can hit the scan button when you get suspicious of malware infection. The free version also has Call Filter and Anti-Theft features.
However, you can access premium features with in-app purchase. It has advanced premium features like Real-Time Protection, App Lock, Anti-Phishing, Internet and Privacy Protection.
Key Features of Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus
- Call Filter – helps you to filter the unwanted spam and telemarketing calls and messages.
- Anti Phishing – protects your financial information from phishing text messages.
- Web Filter – It hides dangerous links and websites when you browse the internet.
- Anti Theft – helps you to locate, lock, or wipe your Android device in a lost or stolen case.
Sophos Mobile Security
Sophos Mobile Security is a free and full featured android antivirus. It doesn’t want you to spend money to access advanced features. It has an advanced scanner that catches the malware and viruses in your phone. Sophos Mobile Security actively checks your phone for malicious apps.
Other advanced features are Web Filtering, App Protection, Safe Password, Secure QR Scanner, Wi-Fi Security and Privacy Advisor.
Key Features of Sophos Mobile Security
- App Protection – Locks sensitive apps with a password.
- Safe Password – It stores your password in a KeePass compatible database.
- Wi-Fi Security – Asses the security of the Wi-Fi your device is connected.
- Secure QR Scanner – ensures that the URL is not malicious or inappropriate.
Norton Security & Antivirus
Norton Security and Antivirus come in the free and premium version. The free version lets you scan your device against malware, spyware, and viruses. It also has the Wi-Fi Scanning feature that warns you when you connect to a less secured hotspot. There is also an in-app search engine flags the unsafe sites in your search results.
The premium version comes with 30 days trial offer. It has several advanced features such as Web Protection, Ransomware Protection, Anti-Theft, Sneak Peek, App Advisor, and Privacy Report.
Key Features of Norton Security & Antivirus
- Anti Theft – Lets you lock, locate or wipe the device’s data through SMS. Auto locks devices when SIM gets removed or after 10 failed attempts to unlock.
- Sneak Peek – Clicks pictures of people using your device in a lost or stolen case.
- Android System Advisor – Scan and lets you know the weak points in the Android OS that can expose you to attacks.
- App Advisor – warns you about the privacy risk, high data & battery usage, or intrusive behavior of an app.
McAfee Mobile Security
McAfee Mobile Security also comes in a free and premium version. Its free version protects you from viruses and also guards you against other threats from the internet. It protects you from unsafe Wi-Fi hotspots. McAfee free version also comes with Anti-Theft and Performance Optimization feature.
While, the premium version comes with VPN, Safe Web, App Lock, and Guest Mode.
Key Features of McAfee Mobile Security
- Wi-Fi Guard VPN – Protects your privacy and financial details on an open Wi-Fi network.
- Guest Mode – Lets you decide which app can be accessed as a guest.
- Performance Optimization – Boost memory & Battery, remove unwanted files, and track data usage.
- Thief Cam – Locks device and clicks pictures of users after 3 failed attempt to unlock.
AhnLab V3 Mobile Security
V3 Mobile Security is a strong antivirus solution for your Android device. It has a high detection rate for malware which AV-Test has certified. This antivirus is designed to consume the lowest CPU and Battery. It comes with Privacy Advisor, Cleaner, and Filter options. The antivirus app also boosts the performance of your phone. It also protects your sensitive media through a hidden gallery.
Key Features of AhnLab V3 Mobile Security
- Hidden Gallery – Hides your sensitive pictures and videos.
- Privacy Protection – Deletes cache and advise apps about risks to your privacy.
- Performance – Boost the performance of your phone by optimizing memory.
- Anti Phishing – Detects phishing URLs.
Avira Antivirus Security
Avira Antivirus Security scans, blocks, and removes viruses and malware from your Android device. It has anti-theft features that let you locate and track your stolen devices. It also suggests you on privacy if you install a new app. The App Lock lets you lock some confidential apps. It also protects your camera and mic.
Key Features of Avira Antivirus Security
- Camera & Mic Protection – Blocks other applications such as spyware to click pictures or record audio.
- Web Protection – Stops malware-infected websites.
- Anti Theft – Lets you track your lost devices, locks and remotely wipe the device in a stolen case.
DFNDR Security is an antivirus and anti-hacking tool for Android. It scans your device against viruses and infected apps. Anti-hacking tool warns you of possible phishing attempts through spam messages. It also has an app lock tool. This app also boosts the performance of your device. It cleans the junk files and cache to free up storage. Not only this it also checks the speeds of your internet speed. The anti-theft feature takes a picture of intruder or thief.
Key Features of DFNDR Security
- Identity Theft Report – Informs you in case your email account has been compromised.
- WiFi Checker – test the speed of your internet connection.
- Internet Accelerator – Closes the unwanted apps that are consuming bandwidth.