While browsing some websites on their Android Phone, many people come across a warning message “Your System Is Heavily Damaged by Four Virus” on their web browser screen. Well, do not worry if you are also one of those who saw this message. It is a hoax created by cybercriminals to trick users into installing malicious programs into their systems.
With the advancement in the security programs, cybercriminals have also evolved themselves and became more creative in tempting the users to inject their harmful malware into the user’s devices.
Since introducing malware on Android devices is a bit complicated, they are using innovative ideas like Social Engineering to attack the users psychologically so that they install malicious programs by themselves.
When the users see the above warning message on their phone, they would get triggered, and to save their device, they would immediately click on REPAIR FAST NOW. That is how the motive of cyber attackers got accomplished, and the malware is installed in the user’s device.
What would happen if you click Repair Fast Now?
If you got convinced by the fake message and clicked on Repair Fast now, there might be a possibility that you have allowed that site to show more pop-up ads or even install a harmful extension on your device. Your device could also get infected with Trojans or even Ransomware. Since such programs get installed on the system without the knowledge of the users, they are often known as Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs).
How to Fix Your System Is Heavily Damaged by Four Virus?
Note: The steps in this guide may differ for different phones, depending on the manufacture and the Android version. It is advised to look for similar options if you can’t find the exact one, which would be mention in this guide.
Fix 1: Clear Browsing Data
Since this message appeared while you were browsing the internet, so clearing the browsing data can remove it.
1. Slide down the Top Panel of your phone and tap on the Settings icon to open the phone’s settings.
2. Look for the Apps option and press it.
3. Under the Apps, look for the browser on which you were dealing with that fake message alert. Tap on its icon.
4. First, completely close it by selecting the Force Stop option and then press Storage
5. On the next screen, tap on MANAGE SPACE.
6. Now you would reach to Google Chrome Storage screen. From the options available, choose CLEAR ALL DATA.
7. A warning dialog would appear that you have to allow and click OK.
All the browsing data would be removed, and with that, hopefully, your device would be free from the “Your System Is Heavily Damaged by Four Virus” fake message.
Fix 2: Uninstall Locate Four Virus
If you have mistakenly downloaded the ‘virus removal software’ mentioned in the message, then it is essential to get rid of it.
1. Again go to the Settings->Apps
2. Look for the Locate Four Virus and tap on its icon.
3. On the next screen, you would get the option to Uninstall it.
4. Open your browser and check if the pop-up message is still appearing or not.
Fix 3: Reinstall the Browser
It is possible that your browser’s internal settings or files may have been infected. So you need to install the browser freshly. For that first, you need to uninstall it completely.
1. Go to Settings->Apps.
2. Look for the browser you want to install freshly and press on its icon.
3. Tap on the Uninstall option to remove it.
4. Go to the Play Store search for the browser and reinstall it.
Fix 4: Clean Your Phone With an Antimalware
If some malware present on your phone is causing the fake message, then using a proper antimalware eradicate it. Here MalwareFox is used for that purpose.
1. Install the latest version of MalwareFox from the Play Store.
2. After installation gets completed, tap on its icon to open it.
3. Perform a Full Scan to catch the malware and delete it.
Note: It is recommended to buy the premium package of MalwareFox to enable the Web Protection and RealTime Protection features. These would protect your device from attacks like this fake error pop-up message.
Fix 5: Factory Reset your Phone
If none of the above solutions worked for you, then, unfortunately, the last option is to factory reset the phone.
However, before that, backup your important data on an external hard disk or better using any good cloud service.
After backing up, reset the phone.
1. Go to Settings->System.
2. Look for the Reset option and tap on it.
3. On the next screen, choose the Reset Phone.
4. Tap on Reset Phone on the next screen.
Your phone would be factory reset, and the problem would surely be fixed.
These are the best ways through which you can get rid of “Your System Is Heavily Damaged by Four Virus” pop-up messages.
As mentioned already, for avoiding this problem in the future, keep installed a good antimalware on your devices.