Don’t you feel annoyed when a random pop-up ad appears out of nowhere? It just ruins your browsing experience on Chrome. Sometimes the amount of pop-up ad windows opening goes way out of control and ruins the workflow.
Stay malware-free with reliable antivirus
Don't compromise your Data and Privacy. TotalAV is a top-notch antivirus program that handles various viruses, trojans, and other malware that may target your devices. It will safeguard your devices and enhance your system performance.
In order to stop those pop-up ad windows from randomly opening, you can make use of certain useful methods. We have listed the four best ways to get rid of them instantly :
Enable Native Popup Blocker Feature
All you need to do is to follow these simple steps:
- The “Settings” section appear.
- Scroll to the very bottom where you could check out the “Advanced” tab. Click on it, and a number of advanced features will appear right in front of you.
- A list of advanced features would be displayed right in front of you. Out of all of those advanced features, click on “Site Settings.”
- Scroll down, and you will be able to see “Pop-ups and redirects” section. Hit your mouse up.
- This is how the “Pop-ups and redirects” section would appear.
- Simply disable the allowed section and you are done.
Here, check if there are any websites mentioned in Allowed list. If you find something suspicious, delete those sites. In my case, I have kept one site in the allowed listing because it is my ISP and I trust them.
Find Malicious Extension and Uninstall it
Another reason that the random pop-ups would annoy you might be the cause of the malicious extensions installed in the “Extensions” section of your Google Chrome.
Let’s simply learn how to uninstall them. Simply follow the above steps, and you would get rid of those pop-up ads in no time.
- Check out the “More Tools ” section. When you scroll over it a list of numerable options would appear right in front of you. Click on the “Extensions” section.
- A list of all the extensions installed in your browser are displayed here. Look out for the one which is the most suspicious. Click on the “Delete” icon, and you would be good to go.
Scan Computer using MalwareFox
This is our personal favorite! MalwareFox provides aggressive detection capabilities as well as a powerful malware removal tool that would help your systems be safe as well as secure. Wouldn’t you love that? Follow these simple steps to install the software.
- Visit https://www.malwarefox.com/ and scroll your way over to the “Free Download” and just hit your mouse up.
- The “Download” section would appear right in front of your screen. In a matter of seconds, MalwareFox would automatically start downloading.
- After installation, you are good to go and scan your systems up for potential threats as well as annoying pop-up ads on your browser and eliminate them altogether.
You will be able to block all those annoying ads with the help of an AdBlocker. All you need to do is to follow these steps to install any one of them.
- Open Chrome Webstore
- In the “Search” tab, type “AdBlocker” and a list of various adblockers would appear right in front of your screen.
- Install any one of them that possesses a higher rating, and you would be good to go.
Say Goodbye to annoying Pop-ups! Follow any of the above methods, and hopefully, you would never be watching another annoying pop-up ad flashing over your screen.